- Garthwait, C. L. (2017). The social work practicum: A guide and workbook for students (7th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
o Chapter 9, “The Social Policy Context of Practice” (pp. 97-108)
- Libal, K., Mapp, S. C., Ihrig, E., & Ron, A. (2011). The United Nations convention on the rights of the child: Children can wait no longer for their rights. Social Work, 56(4), 367–370.
- Laureate Education. (Producer). (2013). Policy context[Audio file]. Retrieved from https://class.waldenu.edu
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is1 minute.
The Assignment (1-2 pages):
- Describe the policies and their impact on the field agency.
- Propose specific recommendations regarding how you, as a
social work intern, and the agency can advocate for policies pertaining to advancing social justice for the agency and the clients it serves.
NOTE: You are expected to present and discuss this assignment with your agency Field Instructor. Your field instructor will be evaluating your ability to demonstrate this competency in their field evaluation. In addition, you will submit this assignment for classroom credit. The Field Liaison will grade the assignment “PASS/FAIL,” see rubric for passing criteria.
Please note that I am doing my field Education at Walton County Division of Family and Children Services. In Georgia
some of the things I do
1 completing intake for benefits medicaid/ Food stamps
2. Foster parent recruitment
This is a MSW level