Week8 6456 Life Transition and Developmental Issues II
• Gurman, A.S., Lebow, J.L., Snyder, D. K. (2015). Clinical handbook of couple therapy. New York, NY: The Guilford Press.
o Chapter 20, “Couple Therapy and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder”
o Chapter 24, “Couple Therapy and Sexual Problems”
Please select, obtain, and view one of the following movies to use with this week’s Assignment:
• Gilbert, B. (Producer), & Rydell, M. (Director). (1981). On golden pond [Motion picture]. United States: IPC Films.
• Demme, J., Armian, N., & Platt, M. (Producers), & Demme, J. (Director). (2008). Rachel getting married [Motion picture]. United States: Sony Pictures Classics.
• Schwary, R. (Producer), & Redford, R. (Director). (1980). Ordinary people [Motion picture]. United States: Paramount Pictures.
• Fischoff, R., & Jaffe, S. (Producers), & Benton, R. (Director). (1979). Kramer vs. Kramer [Motion picture]. United States: Columbia Pictures.
• Pratt, C. (Producer), & Carlino, L. J. (Director). (1979). The great Santini [Motion picture]. United States: Warner Bros. & Orion Pictures.
Application: Applying Theoretical Interventions for Clients Experiencing Life Transition and Developmental Issues
The Assignment (2–3 pages)
• Identify the movie you selected and the life transition and developmental issue present in the couple or family.
• Conceptualize the couple’s or family’s problem through your chosen theoretical orientation.
• Design a treatment plan including short- and long-term goals.
• Explain two evidence-based interventions you would use to address these couple’s or family’s issues and how you would use them. (Note: The interventions may not emerge from your chosen theoretical orientation.)
• Justify the intervention you selected with two evidence-based research articles.
Support your Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the resources for this course.