· individual written task in Harvard style format, cover page, Table of Contents, text alignment and Reference list.
· The student must build a coherent discussion or argument in essay format, analyzing theories and models. Case studies may be referred to when providing examples.
· Students must write in complete sentences and develop paragraphs. No bullet points are allowed.
· Prepare and Introduction, Body, and Conclusion paragraphs.
· Sources must be used, identified, and properly cited.
· Format: Word document (no pdf) submitted through Turnitin
· Complete the following:
The concepts of ethical behavior and corporate social responsibility have come to the forefront in recent years in both developed and developing countries as a result of a growing sense of corporate wrongdoing. These two concepts can bring significant benefits to a business. The idea that business enterprises have some responsibilities to society beyond that of making profits for shareholders has been around for centuries. Respond to these ideas by answering the following questions in an essay format.
1. What is the brief history of CSR and how was it viewed in the past as compared to today? Explain the differences. Cite your sources.
2. Why do companies engage in CSR? Give at least three specific examples. Cite your sources.
3. How do companies apply CSR? Give specific examples. Cite your sources.
4. What is the correlation between the use of CSR and financial performance? Give specific examples. Cite your sources.
· Wordcount: 1000 to 1500 words
· Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded of the total wordcount.
· Font: Arial 11 pts.
· Text alignment: Justified.
· The in-text References and the Bibliography must be in Harvard’s citation style.