Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 6
- olloy, M. (2013). Experiencing the world’s religions (6th ed.). New York City, NY: McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source
- Define the Confucian terms: ren, yi, li, zhi, and xin. Choose one of these principles and examine how it contributes to social harmony.
- What is wuwei? How does this ideal contribute to harmony with heaven? How does the Daoist idea of wuwei compare to Confucian notions of how one should live in the world?
- Initial Post Length: 200-300 words
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
You have two primary choices: in the first one you focus on one concept and explain it; in the second you compare two concepts. Which exercise speaks to you this week? Both are very interesting and offer some new ideas to those unfamiliar with Chinese beliefs and customs.