Identify a controversial topic such as transgender bathrooms, same-sex relationships, religious clothing, etc. in K-12 education that involves one or more of the cultural identifiers. This topic should include two or more viewpoints that are for and against the issue.
Research a minimum of three scholarly sources from the last 3 years and submit a 500-750 word summary that includes the following:
- Describes the cultural identifiers discussed in the articles.
- Summarizes the historical background of the cultural identifiers and associated controversial topic in K-12 education.
- Identifies arguments presented for and against the issue.
- Discusses any associated injustices arising from the issue.
- Describes how teachers and students are affected by the cultural identifiers and associated controversial topic.
- Summarizes solutions and/or proposed solutions to associated injustices.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.