Analyze the fourth “P,” promotion, for a product or service. You can use the same product you used for the previous assessments, or you can choose another organization, product, or service.
Your analysis should cover all the aspects of promoting the product or service, including promoting to the customer and other promotional audiences. Address the following in your analysis:
Analyze the company’s communication strategy.
- What are its communication channels and media tools?
- How does the company use social media in its promotion of the product or service?
- Who represents the product or service?
- Explain how the integrated communication aspects of the company’s integrated marketing program contribute to the company’s economic success.
Analyze promotional components of the sales approach (for example, salespeople for an IT product might need to educate the customer about the product as part of the sales cycle).
- Assess the promotion strategy. What works? What does not work?
- How could the promotion strategy be improved?
- Describe how your recommendations regarding the promotion strategy affect management in the company. For example, are there issues related to how and when your recommendations should be implemented?
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
The following optional resources are provided to support you in completing the assessment or to provide a helpful context. For additional resources, refer to the Research Resources and Supplemental Resources in the left navigation menu of your courseroom.
Click the links provided to view the following resources:
The following e-books or articles from the Capella University Library are linked directly in this course.
Course Library Guide
A Capella University library guide has been created specifically for your use in this course. You are encouraged to refer to the resources in the BUS-FP3030 – Fundamentals of Marketing and Sales Library Guide to help direct your research.
The resources listed below are relevant to the topics and assessments in this course and are not required. Unless noted otherwise, these materials are available for purchase from the Capella University Bookstore. When searching the bookstore, be sure to look for the Course ID with the specific –FP (FlexPath) course designation.
- Lamb, C. W., Hair, J. F., & McDaniel, C. (2018). MKTG 11 (11th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
- Ries, A., & Trout, J. (1994). The 22 immutable laws of marketing. New York, NY: Harper Business.