Prior to beginning work on this discussion,
- Read Chapters 9, 11 and 12 of Macroeconomics: Private and Public Choice.
There are two parts to this discussion.
In your own words define and explain fiscal policy. List the pros and cons for the fiscal policy you selected. Include supply-side economics in your explanation. As you think through your answer, remember the government may exercise expansionary or restrictive fiscal policy.
Research one specific real-life example of a fiscal policy and explain its overall impact on the economy. In your example, discuss any political influences.
- Read Chapter 11 of Macroeconomics: Private and Public Choice.
- Read Chapter 4 of Popular Economics: What the Rolling Stones, Downton Abbey, and LeBron James Can Teach You About Economics.
Let’s cordially debate a controversial and often misunderstood macroeconomic topic. Our huge U.S. government debt (see the latest debt being counted at U.S. Debt Clock (Links to an external site.)) continues to grow and is constantly in the news.
For your initial post address the following:
- Is the large and increasing national debt an issue we should be concerned about?
- How does John Tamny view the national debt? What is your conclusion? Is this a problem, why or why not? Be sure to support your conclusion with facts.
please answer each question separately